Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Applebee's = Diamond Rings


What is it about Applebee's that makes you want a big diamond ring?

Travis and I are celebrating (although, not very exuberantly--but we are going to the Melting Pot on Saturday for dinner!) our one year anniversary today. Our first date was at Applebee's on May 29, 2007. I had only been out here a little over a week when we met, and boy did I latch on. The poor kid can't get away. It's been a really great year. We have had our disagreements, our arguments, our whatevers, but it has been really nice to have someone. But there is this twinge that keeps at me: I want that ring.

Now, that's not to say I want to get married today. I really, honestly, just don't. But, would it hurt to just have that squashed coal stone on my finger? Would it? I don't think so. Too bad Travis is like light-years from finishing school. No degree = No ring.

Alas, a girl can dream!

1 comment:

  1. I think every girl (if they are honest) really want that big diamond ring, too. Somewhere along the line big diamond ring= Prince Charming, White Horse, Happily (and Money-wise) Ever After. Surely, someone has studied this phenomenon...

    Buy yourself a nice diamond... who says a man has to buy you one?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.