Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

THE Varsity


The good ol' greasy V. The best place ever. Now, apparently, they have these things all over the place. I thought they were just in Atlanta and Athens--as in, only 2 of them. Not so much. But, I will say that the original is like no other. The constant calls of "Whaddaya have?" fill the air with something truly special. I've been to the one in Athens a few dozen times, and I have to say, it just can't compare to downtown. I had the best hotdog of my life yesterday. And, it was a hotdog. Can you say, "Nasty!"? The onion rings were as greasy as humanly possible, but delicious nonetheless. I will admit I was sick all afternoon because I never eat really greasy, nasty food like that. But, it was worth it. We'll overlook the fact that the downtown Varsity is in Tech Country (or City, really).

3 comments:

  1. I didn't eat there when I was in Atlanta. I wish I had known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have good chili dowgs don't they. However,for the best hamburgers,I've found A&W is the winner there. Or,there is a place up in Michigan called Culvers,oh those butter burgers and frozen custard are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a frosted orange with with my dog please

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.