Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

As if I Needed another Reason Not to Vote Obama

According to Mrs. Armstrong over at dooce.com, all we Republicans can do is run around "screaming about WELFARE! and TAXES! and THE GOVERNMENT IS TAKING MY MONEY AND GIVING IT TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T WORK! " And, I'm failing to see the problem with going around screaming all that. She goes on to say that
"I am fortunate enough to have grown up in a white, middle class family who could afford to send me to college, as did my husband, and we have enough work experience to run a business that makes it so that we can afford this [special] insurance for our daughter [who has plagiocephaly]. We don't have to make the choice between buying food or insuring our daughter. We are really fucking lucky.

But what about the family who cannot afford that insurance for their child? The family who can barely make rent, and if they stretch the budget they can eat three meals a day all week, let's hope nothing bad happens to their kids because then they're screwed. Kids, go hug your father, he's off to one of his three jobs, none of which provide him insurance. And it's not because he's lazy or unwilling to work, it's that his family couldn't afford to send him to college, or he came from a family that didn't know they should encourage him to go to college because they were busy trying to survive. If giving up more of my paycheck could help get this family adequate healthcare, then PLEASE. TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY."
What?! Because his parents "couldn't afford to send him to college", and they didn't "know they should encourage him to go to college", and he didn't have enough goddamned sense to know himself that he should go, I should fund his insurance? Excuse me? I'm just supposed to give you my hard earned money--money I got by working, money I got without my parents sending me to college, money I got without my parents telling me I had to go to college--because you don't have any?

Well, last time I checked, that was not how life worked. If you want something, you better get off your lazy ass, and make something of yourself, and get it. Nobody is going to hand you that shit on a silver platter with your welfare check and your food stamps. Mrs. Armstrong believes that if "giving up more of my paycheck could help get this family adequate healthcare, then PLEASE. TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY." No, problem. We'll just give them all your money you rich bitch with nothing but dust between your ears.

I, personally, worked hard for everything I have. I busted my ass for everything. I didn't have shit handed to me. I got straight A's in high school AND worked--so that I would be able to get scholarships for college and still pay for my gas so I could have a car (which I paid for, as well). I got scholarships and took out loans for college because my parents didn't have the money to pay for it themselves. I lived at home while in school because I couldn't afford to live in the dorms or apartments, and I drove a 10 year old vehicle with transmission problems everyday because I couldn't afford better. I bought my own groceries--even though I lived at home--so don't even begin to think I had it easy by living at home. I couldn't even wash my damn clothes there! (That, my friends, is all together another story.)

If you bunch of Democratic nut jobs want to pay for those 21 kids belonging to that one woman with 21 different babydaddys, those 51 illegals living in a trailer, and that lazy-ass whore who is too goddamned sorry to work, then by all means, send them your fucking money. I'd like to keep mine.

And, no, I'm not some cold-hearted bitch (well, actually, I probably am, but...anyway) who thinks that no one deserves government assistance. Of course, most elderly people need help. Of course, there are truly disabled persons who cannot work. Of course, there are truly people who work hard and can't afford groceries (although, I am fairly certain this most often comes from living beyond your means...). I know those people are out there, and I know they need help. And, honestly, I don't mind giving it to them. But, until the government can figure out a way to weed the shitheads out of the bunch, I'd really just like to hold on to my paycheck.

And, in case anyone cares, I'll no longer be reading Mrs. Armstrong's blog. It was entertaining, and I liked it a lot. Until today. I refuse to read the senseless ramblings of another brainwashed Obamanite. It is just below me.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN and you go !! I totally agree with you. Yesterday K asked what was the general difference between the big 0 < you see that is a ZERO and McCain....I tried to explain what you just did in your post. That hardworking people like her daddy and Todd and Linz and Me, at one time (different story there) pay for these people to have 10 kids and we pay for it.... while we have to charge our asses up in debt on credit cards just to buy food. I'm pretty sure she understood, for her next statement, she will start high school next year and if the big 0 is elected that could very well affect her ability to go to college

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.