Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Teaching 'Em Young

A boy was suspended for wearing an anti-Obama shirt. He was only 11 years old.

"An 11-year-old Colorado boy was suspended from school after showing up for class in a T-shirt bearing the handwritten motto 'Obama a terrorist's best friend.'

"Daxx Dalton's dad says the fifth-grader was given the choice of changing his shirt, turning it inside out or being suspended -- and he chose suspension, according to a Fox News affiliate in Colorado.

"Daxx maintains his First Amendment right to free expression was violated, and his dad said he intends to sue. The school district said it respects the right to free speech, but has the responsibility to intervene in any situation that disrupts the learning environment."

Well, I applaud the kid for knowing his rights and choosing to express himself in line with those rights. I am truly impressed that he chose to be suspended instead of taking the shirt off. His daddy must have taught him right--and early. You have to stand up for what you believe in. Even if you are wrong, which I'm not saying he is, you have to do what you think is right. Good for him.

1 comment:

  1. I saw in the athens banner herald where someone was trying to sensor what someone can have as a bumper sticker...one was in support of McCain and the other was F*** Obama. They apparently didnt like McCain....lol

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.