Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

I Guarantee

I hadn't actually seen this before, so I went to do some research when I got a somewhat disturbing email about how Obama was the anti-Christ. I'm not one to pass on emails like that, but I thought I'd check out the Good Book, and see if the email was semi-legitimate. All quotes are from the book of Revelations, chapter 13, which can be found online here. Verse numbers are in (parentheses). Commentary is in italics.
  • "(5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months." How many months is a Presidential term? Just over 42.
  • "(7) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." People are giving him power over all others, eg, the media loves him. And everybody in the world seems to worship him.
  • "(13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men," He is the first black man who has had a shot at the Presidency.
  • "(16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:" Foodstamps and a dunce cap?
  • "(17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Obama is trying to control how we spend our money--by hiking taxes, wealth redistribution, you name it.

And, yes, that was all my personal thoughts. The email gets a bit too detailed to be legitimate: it says the book of Revelation mentions a "man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent", and that Obama fits that description. I don't know about you, but I didn't see anywhere in that Book of the Bible where they said he was 40 or Muslim. From what I can tell by some quick googling, the Book of Revelations was written by 100 AD, the 1st century. The Islamic religion was created around the 7th century, according to wikipedia. I guess it's possible that John, who wrote Revelations, could foresee the formation of that religion. But, still, I don't really see any connection. I would suggest the Snopes page for this, but I don't really trust them so much anymore. I find a lot of errors on their page. For instance, in this case, they say Revelations was written by the 2nd century, and the Islamic religion was formed about 400 years later, which would make that the 6th century. Quiet different from all the info I found.

So, in summary, while Obama sucks balls, he probably isn't the anti-Christ. But I can guaran-damn-tee life will be hell if he gets elected. Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.