Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Yummy Cobbler, Just in Time for the Holidays

So, I told you I was pretty much the world's worst cook. That's not entirely true. I can't really cook, but I can bake. Many things, actually. Go figure, the fat chick can make cake. And pie. And cobbler. Mmmm...cobbler. I have finally figured that one out. And it is amazingly easy! Here's the recipe for a large batch* (think 9 x 13 pan):
2 LARGE cans pie filling (cherry seems
to work best, but I've done apple and peach, too)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar (give or take, I don't
measure this part)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (sometimes I hike it up to 450, but you will probably want to cover the edges with foil to prevent burning, sometimes I drop it to 350 if it browns too fast). In a large GLASS pan, cut butter into small chunks. Place pan into oven to melt butter. Do NOT let butter start to bubble, as it will smell burnt, and it will splatter all over your nice, clean oven. Mix the flour, sugar, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir until well mixed. Pull pan out of oven when butter is melted. Pour flour mixture into pan. Don't worry about how it mixes with the butter. Spoon the pie filling into the mixture. Spread it around gently, but don't stir it into the mix, let it sit naturally. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the center is semi-firm and not too watery. Serve plain or with vanilla ice cream.
It's some good shit. Try it. It's the easiest cobbler ever. People think cobbler is SO hard to make, so when you make this, they will think you are awesome. Because they are ignorant and have NO IDEA. I mean, uh, because you ARE awesome!

*If you want to make a smaller batch, say a 9 x 9 pan, use 1 large can of pie filling, 3/4 cup of flour, sugar, and milk, a little brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon, and 3/4 stick of butter. Baking time will be shorter.

1 comment:

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.