Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

You've Got to be Kidding: Kids Having Kids 2nd Ed.

A while back, I talked about Tyra Banks' reaction to a teen survey about sexual conduct. It shocked me, as it did her. Now, it's closer to home, and, for some reason, I'm not all that shocked. Apparently, Jackson County (where I used to live) has the highest rate of teen births in the 10-county Northeast Georgia Health District.

I always thought Jackson County had a lot of pregnant teens. There were lots of them when I was in school. As President of SADD (now Students Against Destructive Decisions, not just Drunk Driving), I was on a panel much like the one described in the second article I've linked to. It was a problem back then (circa 2002), and it's an even bigger problem now. There are 100 births a year for girls 15-19 in a county of less than 60,000 people. As a reference, Cobb County has over 600,000 people.

It all goes back to the issue of teaching abstinence only. We just can't do that anymore. The old way wasn't working, so it's time for a new way. Not only for the pregnancies but for the increases in STDs. Says the high school nurse for the County, “The kids tell me they have nothing to do after school. They congregate at one house and have sex parties. Everyone switches partners.”

Un-freakin'-believable.

3 comments:

  1. It's sad how the lack of common sense in society and the desire to push a liberal agenda by organizations like Planned Parenthood costs children the greatest price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in a communist country they could give em all a 10 year birth control device and start it at age 12 that would at least get em through high school

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.