Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

You've Got to be Kidding: "Friendly" Reminder 2nd Ed.

So, you guys remember when I posted about the idiocy that is Athens-Clarke County and their "Friendly Reminder". Well, they've really gone and done it now. Apparently, Athens-Clarke Auditor John Wolfe thinks the boarded-up buildings in Athens "are targeted by vandals and used for illegal activities like dealing drugs. 'It deflates the whole neighborhood,' he said." Basically, he wants to destroy properties that are vacant--properties people own and pay property taxes on. Let's play a little game of what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-this-picture?!
"Wolfe made 15 other recommendations in his CPD audit, though none have drawn as much attention as cracking down on dilapidated buildings. They include:
  • Scheduling code-enforcement officers to work nights and weekends.
  • Coordinating patrols with garbage pickup schedules to catch residents who leave their trash cans on the curb too long.
  • Considering laws to address graffiti and undesirable vegetation.
  • Rewriting a law allowing no more than two unrelated people to live together in single-family zoning districts to make the law easier to enforce."

So, not only does he want to destroy your property, he wants 24-hour surveillance of your TRASH CAN. Are you f'ing kidding me? Don't you have something better to do with your friggin' time? I'd love to hear the definition of "undesirable vegetation", too, because, I bet that would be rich! Not to mention the fact that none of the above atrocities have received as much attention as the vacant properties issue. That disturbs me more than a little. It looks like I got out of that place just in time.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't undesired vegetition and objective term?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i like the "CATCH" your trash cans out too long. I mean WTH. You would think they could find better ways to "CATCH" people for other reasons than leaving their cans on the curb!! I mean come on people.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.