Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

You've Got to be Kidding: Kids Having Kids

This article really shocked me. I was completely appalled. Of over 10,000 teenage girls surveyed, the average age for when they lost their virginity was 15. The average. I know a lot of girls lose their virginity young, but THE. AVERAGE. IS. 15. That's unbelievable. And, many of them do it at school. I know, I can remember people fucking at school. I know "nap time" got cut out of weight training class because people were supposedly fucking, and I saw some girl sitting in her date's lap at a Homecoming dance. I heard they were fucking. I wasn't surprised, but I am surprised that 14% could be losing their virginity AT SCHOOL. Over half the girls said they DON'T use protection. OVER. HALF. It just gets better and better. Nearly a quarter of the girls that have STDs say that they continue, and will continue, to have sex unprotected. The real kicker for me: 20% of the girls that responded WANT to be a teen mom. One in every five of these young girls wants to get pregnant and have a kid while still a kid. What. The. Fuck? I'm so lost. How did it get to this? I don't remember it being like this when I was in school. And, I am SO not that old. I graduated high school in 2003. I am just so completely lost on this. My sister is 14. She could lose her virginity in the next year, and be "average". That absolutely terrifies me. This is one thing I can disagree with Sarah Palin about. We need to teach these girls something! And, I don't mean abstinence only. That obviously isn't working. Let's teach them what it's like to have a baby at 15. Let's show them what that's like. Seriously. Scare the shit out of these stupid kids. I don't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.