Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Wave Your Flag


Apparently, someone shares my opinion. Some kid (I say kid, he's 18 now) is battling his school's Confederate Flag ban. "I am fighting for my heritage and my rights as a Southerner and an American," he said. Well, right on! Anyone who thinks the Confederate Flag is offensive is offending me. The Confederate Flag represents history. It is a true and honest fact. And it is many-a-Southerner's heritage. We had great-greats that fought in that war and risked their lives for the Confederation. And, yes, the Civil War became a fight to end slavery, but the people of the South fought for their rights and freedom and for States' rights. They fought for what they believed in, something most people cannot say for themselves today. I'm really proud of that kid in the article above. He isn't fighting only for his right to free speech, which this clearly is. (Again, we're talking free speech with a disclaimer.) He's fighting against his discrimination. He is clearly a victim of reverse discrimination: his lawsuit wants to know why "other symbols aren't banned, including the Mexican flag, the Canadian flag, political campaign buttons and images of Martin Luther King Jr." I would like to know the answer to that question, too.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know they are spending like 98 million dollars for the MLK park thingy??? I think we should teach some kids a trade and get them off the streets with this money. MLK, in my opinion would be totally devastated with what the whole black community has come to
    ..robbing each other, killing each other, drugs, kids having kids. His wish was to make everyone equal and make something outta themselves... He would be so dissappointed !!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.