Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History

This weekend, after we were so disappointed with Bodies, we went to The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw, GA. I've lived here for over a year and a half, and I've never been to my own town's museum. It was awesome! They have such amazing things in there. All these guns and swords and uniforms and stuff from the Civil War. I mean, Kennesaw is huge with war. There is so much stuff still in the ground here. Travis has found lots of bullets and a buckle and all kinds of stuff. It's cool to live in a historic place.

The best part of the museum was all the locomotive stuff. They have this entire assembly line for the iron works that made the locomotives. We played in the kids area (because there was hardly anyone there, and we're big kids), which was very cool. You could send telegraph messages to each other across the room. You could drive a locomotive with your shadow. You could play all day in there! And, then, the grand finale, the General was in there. It would be nice if you could get up on the train, but it's cool just seeing it.

We had a really good time, and we highly recommend it. We plan on going again very soon because we both can go for only $15! Unfortunately, I just had my blackberry and not my camera, so the pictures are not the best or most numerous, but here's what I got:










2 comments:

  1. It's usually the little things that are the biggest surprise, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thats too kool... I wanna go

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.