Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Oh, That Little Thing?


With all the election yaya-ing going on, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this little thing they call the Supreme Court. I mean, it's clear that we could have a serious issue on our hands with this.
"[T]he winner of the November 4 presidential election between Republican Sen. John McCain and Democratic Sen. Barack Obama could reshape the court through several appointments.

"'A President Obama or a President McCain will likely be handed an opportunity to affect the make-up of the Supreme Court that is unprecedented,' said Wendy Long of the Judicial Confirmation Network, a group of conservative legal activists.

"Kathryn Kolbert, president of the liberal group People for the American Way, said, 'The Supreme Court is on the ballot this fall, and the stakes could not be higher for Americans.'

"[...]
"The nine-member court has been closely divided. The conservative majority consists of Roberts, Alito, Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and the more moderate Anthony Kennedy, who often casts the decisive vote.

"Five of the justices are 70 or older. If Obama or McCain has the opportunity to appoint two or three justices, it could easily shift the balance of power."

So, while you may not think one President can do a whole hell of a lot, and you don't believe Obama can truly make these huge changes he plans to make, think again. If he gets to appoint a few judges while he's in there (since FIVE are over SEVENTY), you'll be wishing you had gotten your ass off the couch and voted for McCain. Because Supreme Court Justices last a whole lot longer than four years--try until they die.

I get it, I really do. I don't really love McCain in all his wonder, either. But, really, do you want to lose your guns, your money, and your rights? Because you will when Obama gets elected. And, he will get elected if you do nothing but sit on your fat ass and whine.

Get out and vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.