Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Presidential Debate 2 of 3

Last night, I was really tired. I mean, really tired. So tired, in fact, that I woke up at 3 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. Yeah, when I get exhausted, I can't sleep. It's a vicious cycle that makes me more and more exhausted. Ugh. But, I digress. Back to the more important subject at hand. So, I was really tired, and 9 PM rolled around, and the debate came on. And, I'm like, "Ugh, I want to go to bed." And, then Travis starts doing his McCain impersonation (and his slightly more colorful--and inappropriate--Obama impersonation), and I'm cracking up, and I think "OK, I can watch this for a few minutes." So, I sit down, and I'm watching, and it's just so utterly dull and boring. So, I went to bed. I know, I'm so unAmerican and unpatriotic, and I don't care about the election, and blah, blah, blah. I needed some fucking sleep, OK? OK.

So, anyway, I'm trying to do my public duty and read some stuff about the debate on some news sites this morning. And, what do I find? Bullshit! Yeah, we already knew that was going to be in there, but I mean blatant disregard for facts. Intentional omissions to mislead the voting viewers. Skewed in Obama's favor, of course, no less. Here's the example that really set me off:

From an article on the MSNBC News Page:

"Poised and confident, Obama directly confronted his greatest hurdle — and did it by turning the tables on McCain during a foreign policy question.

"'Now Senator McCain suggests that somehow, you know, I'm green behind the ears and I'm just spouting off and he's somber and responsible,' Obama said as McCain laughed and said: 'Thank you very much.'

"Obama then bluntly challenged McCain's steadiness: 'This is a guy who sang bomb, bomb, bomb Iran, who called for the annihilation of North Korea — that I don't think is an example of speaking softly.'"

Now, from an article on the MSN homepage (um, yeah, same company, different article):

"For a change, however, it was Obama who punched back hard after McCain said he would emulate President Theodore Roosevelt’s policy of walking softly while carrying a big stick.

"'This is the guy who sang "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" and talked about annihilating North Korea,' Obama said. 'That’s not talking softly.'”

What the hell? The first quote up there COMPLETELY omitted the part where McCain was talking about Roosevelt. It made it look like McCain was the one who said "Bomb, bomb, bomb" and talked about "annihilating North Korea".

So, I say all this to say "I missed the debate. Can you please tell me what happened without game changing omissions and bullshit? Please? Thanks!" Seriously, leave me a comment, and tell me what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.