Please note that I do not allow anonymous comments unless you inform me who you are. I am continuing to allow you to choose the option of anonymous or "Name/URL" so my family and friends with no log-in can leave me comments. If you choose not to be known to the public when you leave a comment, that is fine, but if you don't email me or let me know it was you, it will not be posted.

Flaming Turtle!


As I mentioned before Travis and I celebrated our anniversary at The Melting Pot in Kennesaw, GA. Neither of us had ever been to a Melting Pot before. The pricing is about $50/person for four courses: cheese fondue, salad, entree fondue, and dessert fondue, not including alcoholic beverages, but including tip. And, honestly, it was totally worth it. I didn't think it would be--I was totally prepared for a big let down. But I was wrong. Totally wrong. We opted to go the design-your-own route instead of going with their seasonal package. We stared off with a couple drinks. Travis picked the usual Corona Extra ($3.75 each), and I tried the Chocolate Fontini ($9 each), which was so good I had to have two. We then had the Cheddar Cheese Fondue to start--it is served for two--which had three kinds of bread, Granny Smith apples, and cauliflower, celery, and carrots for dipping. Next, I had the California Salad, and he had the Caesar Salad--the California is awesome! We then had the Signature Selection--again served for two--which had steak, chicken, salmon, and shrimp served with red potatoes, broccoli, mushroom caps, and squash. We chose the Mojo cooking fondue for the Signature Selection. The price for the Signature Selection is $54, which includes cheese fondue and the salads. The Mojo was $6 extra. We also added a dessert fondue ($15, served for two). We chose the Flaming Turtle because I wanted to see some shit lit on fire! It had chocolate, caramel, and nuts, and it was great! They gave us strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, rice crispy treats, and two types of decorated marshmallows for dipping. The cheesecake was garnished with a cherry, and I made the waiter, Brandon, blush when I tied it in a knot with my tongue. Hey, my tongue is amazing, what can I say? (That blush didn't even compare to the one I got out of him when he asked what we were doing after dinner for our anniversary celebration. I told him he didn't want to know...poor kid.) After all was said and done, we had a bill of $107.07, and we left the poor kid a tip of $27.92 for a rounded total of $135 for the evening. I say that isn't bad for what we got. We were definitely full and about to explode, but we were there for over two hours, so it was spread out. It's pretty cool that you have to cook your meats there two at a time in the fondue. It makes you savor everything. It makes you stop and smell the roses. It was a great experience that I recommend to everyone. We are not really the type that can afford $135 dinners every weekend, but it was totally worth it for this great occasion. I can only hope that we have many many more of these such nights.

There is a picture of us at the restaurant below. When I made the reservation (which you MUST do if you hope to eat before 9:30 PM), I asked for private seating. This place was perfect. We got a little rounded booth for two so we could sit side by side. It was truly amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I am glad that you had a wonderful anniversary. Does he have a brother??? Friend, cousin, etc?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I DO moderate my comments. You will NOT be posted if you do not have the balls to leave your name or contact info. Do us all a favor, and don't be a jackass because, really, I deal with enough jackasses everyday.